Saturday, June 23, 2012

Patriotic Card For My Sheri Crafts

That catchphrase for this bi-weekly challenge at My Sheri Crafts is "Oh I love America!":-)  I wanted to make something simple yet profound.  I am inspired by the thought of our servicemen, hence, I chose a patriotic-themed shield shape from the Independence Day Cricut cartridge.  I cut the shield at 3". I pop-dotted it as well as the blue layer for added dimension.  The patriotic ribbon is from Charlotte, our DT sister's stash. :-)  The star paper is from The Paper Studio and cardstock used are from Bazzill.  The buttons and Baker's twine are from my stash.  Using Cat's Eye ink, I inked the shield, buttons and the ribbon ever so slightly to add a vintage touch.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Fairy In A Bottle Video

Here's the video for the fairy in a bottle project:

Fairy In A Bottle

My Secret Sister for a swap wanted a fairy in a bottle, so I decided to make her one.  I used a Prego jar, and I got the image from the Graphics Fairy's blog.  I added Stickles along the edges of the image and made her wings using a Martha Stewart butterfly punch.  The bottle is decorated using lace from Prima, flatback pearls and lace trim that I got from Wal-Mart.  I used paper from K&Co.  The piece of wood that I used as a backdrop is from a potpourri pack and I stuck some flower soft on it.  The flowers on the lid are from Recollections and the roses inside the jar are from Kaisercraft.  The feathers were bought at Michael's.  I added ivory tulle inside the jar to stabilize all the elements inside the bottle.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Duct Tape Father's Day Card For MySheri Crafts

Yes, you read it right.  I used duct tape as my designer paper for this card.  I adhered three pieces of duct tape to a piece of white cardstock and embossed it using the Diamond Plate embossing folder from Cuttlebug.  I inked the edges with Cat's Eye to mimic the look of grease.  The wrenches are from the Indie Art cartridge, cut at 3 1/2" and "DAD" was from the Plantin' Schoolbook cartridge, cut at 1 1/2" using the shadow function.  I inked the letters with silver Cat's Eye to give the effect of brushed metal.  The wrenches and the letter A were pop-dotted for added dimension.  I made this card for my father-in-law who also uses a lot of rope aside from the duct tape, hence the Baker's twine at the sides to give the impression of ropes keeping the card together. :-D