Saturday, March 5, 2011

Celebrating Mardi Gras!

Mardi Gras falls on the 8th of March this year. We are feeling very festive at My Sheri Crafts and decided...hey, we need to chase the winter blues away and celebrate! I was inspired by the French Quarter when I made this card, hence the fleur-de-lis theme and the Gothic colors. I was thrilled to find that fabric trim with the iridescent beads in my stash. It reminded me of the beads they give away during the Mardi Gras festivities.


I sprayed some Tim Holtz Paper with Lindy's Stamp Gang Mists and cut off the fleur-de-lis die cuts using my Spellbinders dies. The border punches are from EK Success and Martha Stewart. The gold eyelets are from Making Memories. The black designer paper is from DCWV's Mariposa stack. The center fleur-de-lis was pop dotted to add more dimension.

3 comments:

  1. Great looking card! Love the fleur-de-lis and border cuts! Beads are perfect!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card has the French Quarters written all over it. It is right on the mark!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peachy ... This is FABULOUS!!! Another great creation!!
    I also want to let you know that I have awarded you The Stylish Blogger Award. Please visit http://paulacsworld.blogspot.com to collect it.

    ReplyDelete