Saturday, January 21, 2012

Sepia Card for My Sheri Crafts

This week's theme at My Sheri Crafts is "New", meaning new products, techniques, etc. I always wanted to try monochromatic coloring with my Copics, so I took the chance with this project. To enhance the vintage look, I also incorporated the "faux broken glass technique" to the main image.

To achieve the faux broken glass look, I covered the image with Ranger's Perfect Medium. Next, I sprinkled a layer of Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel and applied heat on the surface with a heat gun. I repeated the steps twice, then placed the still-warm paper in the freezer for 10 minutes. After taking the paper out, I bent it to form the cracks.

The image is from LaBlanche, stamped on GinaK 120 lb paper using brown Memento ink. I used the following Copic colors: E51, E53, E55, E57 and E59. I added Stickles for sparkle.

I also used butterfly punches from Martha Stewart, paper from DCWV and Prima, Viva Decor Pearl Pen and a pearl flourish from Recollections.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Clock-themed Card For My Sheri Crafts

The theme for this week at My Sheri Crafts is "Time For A Change". We were assigned projects featuring clocks. I had the perfect paper for the project---the "Once Upon A Time" paper pack from DCWV. I used a punch to embellish the edges. The clock cutout was made using a Tim Holtz die. For embellishments, I used a journaling card from Webster's Pages, Prima flowers, and a crinkle ribbon and a cameo from my stash.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Graphic 45 Altered Dressform

Happy New Year! It has been a whirlwind of a journey for me this past year and I am hoping that 2012 will come in a more sedate pace. Needless to say, I finally had the chance to post my Christmas present to myself. :-D

I altered a dressform using Graphic 45's Christmas Emporium paper lines. To make the shape of the skirt, I used Tim Holtz's rosette dies. For the top of the dress, I used cloth tape which I colored with an E53 Copic marker. I added a row of tiny pearls and some tulle for the sleeves. To finish off the look, I glued some roses along the waistline of the dress. The plaid bow is from Hobby Lobby.