Saturday, January 21, 2012

Sepia Card for My Sheri Crafts

This week's theme at My Sheri Crafts is "New", meaning new products, techniques, etc. I always wanted to try monochromatic coloring with my Copics, so I took the chance with this project. To enhance the vintage look, I also incorporated the "faux broken glass technique" to the main image.

To achieve the faux broken glass look, I covered the image with Ranger's Perfect Medium. Next, I sprinkled a layer of Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel and applied heat on the surface with a heat gun. I repeated the steps twice, then placed the still-warm paper in the freezer for 10 minutes. After taking the paper out, I bent it to form the cracks.

The image is from LaBlanche, stamped on GinaK 120 lb paper using brown Memento ink. I used the following Copic colors: E51, E53, E55, E57 and E59. I added Stickles for sparkle.

I also used butterfly punches from Martha Stewart, paper from DCWV and Prima, Viva Decor Pearl Pen and a pearl flourish from Recollections.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! This is just gorgeous!! I am so glad you told how you did it. I am going to have to try this technique. All of the embellishments are beautiful.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peachy, this is just beautiful! I just saw this technique for the first time just a few days ago, lol! I just love this vintage look! Wonderful job on it!
    Hugs,
    Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS, Peachy! This looks like a pro made it -- WOW!!! LOVE your monochromatic coloring and all the details just finish it off perfectly!!!

    ReplyDelete