Saturday, May 12, 2012

Black And White... and A Pop Of Color!

Our theme for this week at My Sheri Crafts is Wedding/Anniversary with the added challenge of utilizing black and white with a pop of color.  I was working during our wedding anniversary, so I decided to make a belated anniversary card for my wonderful, loving and supportive enabler of a hubby.  The added challenge for me was to keep it simple and I do have a hard time with simple.  In the end, my card still ended up just a tiny bit frou-frou. lol!  Hubby loved it, frou-frou and all, since it reminded him of the frou-frou girl that he fell in love with 10 years ago.

I used a damask print paper from DCWV, and speaking of "simple", I went with stickers from Basic Grey's Capella paper stack.   It had the perfect gray tones that went with the faded grayish flock in the damask pattern of the background paper.  I inked the edges with Cat's Eye Ink.  The crinkle ribbon is from my stash, and the metal embellishments are from Tim Holtz.  The rose is from Prima and the pearl is from Recollections.


Now, for the most awaited part...the winner of last challenge's blog candy!  The lucky number is... 143... janambailey!   Please email me at peach.iris@yahoo.com with your contact information. 

Here's how I chose the winner.  Each follower is assigned a number, e.g. 1 for the first follower listed, then so forth, moving from left to right on the members list.  A number is also assigned to whoever comments on the blog post.  I typed the total numbers at random.org to pick the winner. :-)

8 comments:

  1. This is such a GORGEOUS Anniversary card, Peachy! From your awesome BG paper to that beautiful crinkle ribbon and metal tag, it's just perfection! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, gorgeous card Peachy! I just love the paper you chose, and all the extras just fit so perfect with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Peachy! I can see why your husband loved it and you have just the right amount of frou frou!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Frou Frou too! Beautiful card! Such pretty papers and perfect embellishments! Love the ribbon!
    Congrats to the winner of your giveaway!
    Happy Mother's Day!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peachy I am always in awe of your work and so this def didn't let me down! :) Love everything about it! Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another gorgeous creation from you... I don't mind looking at your non-simple creations at all. LOL! I'm a big fan of the frou-frou so show me more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy cow! I never win anything! Thanks so much for popping over to my blog to let me know. For some reason I did not get an email with your comment on it so I am just now getting back to my blog and saw it! I will email you know but certainly understand if it is WAY too late to claim my prize. Love, love your project BTW!
    Blessings,
    Jana

    janabailey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jana, it's not too late! :-) I did not pick another winner since I already picked your name and that was it. I will email you the DC number. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete