Saturday, August 4, 2012

Graphic 45 Top Hat

Our challenge theme at My Sheri Crafts is "Back and Forth", a term that we use for accordion-style pleats, rosettes and even pleated paper strips.  I decided to make a top hat embellished with a flower collar.   I used paper from Graphic 45's Once Upon a Springtime paper pack.

To make the flower collar, cut approximately 9 inches of lace, then make pleats measuring 1/2".   Secure the inner side of the collar by stitching it close.  Glue on a flower on top of the collar.


The hat which measures 4" high and is 6" in diameter was embellished with hand dyed lace and vintage ephemera from my stash.  The stickpin was from Tammy.  The rose is from recollection and the feathers are from Michael's.  I used lace from Prima for the flower collar.    I will have a tutorial for the top hat, so do check out my next post! :-)


7 comments:

  1. I just LOVE your vintagey top hat, Peachy, and those sweet embellishments -- too CLEVER and sooo FUN!!! Fabulous that you shared your top hat tutorial on your next post too -- TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peachy,
    This is more than a top hat. It is a work of art!! I love the many details you added to it. And a big thanks for the tutorial. I am going to give it a try.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Peachy, your project is so AMAZING! All of that time and work involved really paid off because this truly looks like a work of art!!! Simply GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peachy you have to most gorgeous of ideas!! I am in awe every time i turn around and look at your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing project! Love the top hat and all the lovely details! Beautiful lace and flower! Wonderful work of art!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this Peachy! What a fantastic hat!!! I love the vintage look and the colors. Just great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peachy... this is absolutely amazing! I love the variety of embellishments you used throughout the hat and I do believe I have a string of that green and blue bead!

    ReplyDelete