Saturday, July 6, 2013

What's the BUZZ?

This challenge's requirement is to make a summer-themed card or project featuring the colors yellow, black and white.  I was thinking of a bee, but since I am a butterfly/dragonflyholic (it's a new word that I coined) :-) I decided to feature my other favorite winged creature.  I cut the main image at 2 1/2" using the Damask Decor cartridge .  The contrasting polka dot papers used were from GCD studios and DCWV.   It was pretty late at night when I made the card and I noticed the next morning that the "white" was more cream.  I decided to submit it anyway, since I liked the slightly aged look.  :-) I punched the corners using a Martha Stewart punch, added pop dots and Viva Decor faux pearls and... voila!  We have a summer-themed card.

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty Peachy! Love all the butterflies and the wonderful image from Damask Decor!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Peachy,
    This is great. I just love the Damask Decor cartridge and love the cut you used. The black polka dot paper really shows the Damask cut off so much! Your card is so pretty!!
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peachy,
    Loved this card first time I saw it. A lot of drama there.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful !!! Love all the details and the cuts !!!

    Mayra
    MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com /

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful card! I just love this design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card... love all the cuts and the butterflies

    ReplyDelete