Sunday, March 21, 2010

Quilled Page

Where was I before my Cricut? Well, I was making do with what was available that time. :-) I learned how to quill way, way back. Making quilling strips is a good way to get rid of paper scraps. You can use your paper trimmer and cut 1/16" strips lengthwise. You can also use a pin or a needle as your quilling tool, just to have a feel of quilling, if you don't want to buy the whole kit. I made some basic shapes just to give you an idea on how to form flowers. It is pretty easy, the only tricky part is applying the glue.



Here's a page that I made four years ago. It's inspired by Sandy Genovese.


1 comment:

  1. Quilling is great for scrapbook pages!
    As far a gluing, metal tipped bottles work wonderfully. Remember less glue is best.

    Keep on Quillin',
    Denise ~ Custom Quilling Supplies
    http://www.customquillingbydenise.com/shop

    ReplyDelete