Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Cricut Cards for this week

For this week's challenge, we had more freedom with the third sketch.

For my first card, I tilted the square just slightly to the left. The image that popped on my mind was Frosty, holding a gift. I used Christmas Cheer cartridge. The snowman and the gift were cut at 2". I drew on the snowman's face and hat and paper pieced the arms and body. Paper used is from K&Co and the ribbon is from Offray. I used the reverse side for the embossing to create at "hollow sculpture" effect. Embossing folder used was "Snowflakes". I used mica flakes for my horizontal lines to depict snow.



For the second card, I used Christmas Cheer again for the ornaments, cut at 2". Paper is from K&Co. Mint ice stickles were used for a little sparkle on the ornaments. I used Snow Dots embossing folder for the background.



I gave the third card to my husband this morning. He was wonderful enough to attend sewing class with me despite knowing that he'll get ribbed by his friends. I did not want to go by myself and he agreed when I asked him if he can go with me. The stamp is from Inkadinkado, the paper is from MAMBI, and for the fonts, I used Blackletter cut at 1". The cardstock that I used measured 6x11, and was scored at 1 1/2", 1 1/2", 2 1/2", 2 1/2", and 3". The heart-printed vellum paper was attached to the cardstock using heart brads. For the center oval, nestabilities and Hearts embossing folder were used.


No comments:

Post a Comment