Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Flying Critters

We were given three sketches this week at RAQ's Challenge. I decided to go with a "Flying Critters" theme.

For the first card, I cut the bee from the Paisley cart at 2". The wings are vellum paper. The background paper is from DCWV. The gingham ribbon is from Dashes, Dots and Checks. The wider ribbon is from the dollar bin. The frames, the corner flowers and the sentiment labels are all from Spellbinder. The letter beads were bought from Hobby Lobby. I used pink liquid pearls for the bee's flight pattern.

The dragonfly from Home Decor Solutions was cut at 1 1/2" for the second sketch. I used jeweled cardstock and MAMBI paper. I used Nestabilities labels for the frame and the Shapeabilities pendants for the corner flowers.

I used the Pagoda cartridge for the 2" dragon, the 1" Kanji and the yin/yang symbol. I doodled on the dragon's features. I wanted to make it look benevolent and not as fierce. The background is handmade paper and the frame is from Spellbinders. I used glossy accents to mimic the look of lacquer and attached pearls to the corner. The background paper was handmade in India. I used dragon charms to finish off the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment