Thursday, December 17, 2009

This Week's Cards

For the first sketch, I used the colors from the Ad Challenge. They are sorbet colors, so I used my Sweet Treats Cartridge and cut the ice-cream at 2 1/2". I placed glass beads at the bottom layer to depict candy sprinkles. My ice-cream's flavors are: pineapple, strawberry and lime. The paper is from t DCWV Sweet Stack. I scored the cone to create a waffle look, and the second and third ice-cream layers were embossed using Swiss Dots folder. I used pink liquid pearls for the scalloped frame. The square scalloped frame is from Nestabilities. Ribbons used are both from Offray.









I flipped the second sketch to the side. Cinderella was cut at 4". The snowflakes are from When It's Cold Outside, cut at 1". The silver snowflakes are stickers from The Paper Studio. I used metallic paper for both the snowflakes and Cinderella's dress front and headband. Flower soft was used to accent her gown, headband and gloves. The blue crystal is from Martha Stewart. Cinderella was colored using markers and chalks. I drew her features using a 0.25mm technical pen. I used Spellbinders for the sentiment label and Cinderella's background. The light blue background papers were embossed using Snow Dots and Snowflakes Cuttlebug folders.






I used my Pagoda cartridge for the third sketch. Instead of ribbons, I cut three pairs of chopsticks at 1 1/2". The bowl, teapot and Kanji were cut at 1". The Kanji sentiment is "Ichiban", which translates to "friend". I used flower soft for my rice grains. The sentiment is computer generated. The labels are from Spellbinders. I did some faux stitching at the background and accented the chopsticks and sentiment label with red liquid pearls.




No comments:

Post a Comment