Saturday, January 23, 2010

Winter Swap

This is the first swap that I joined. We were required to make:
3 cuts from our Cricut, layered and embellished
2 titles with layered and embellished coordinated cuts
2 journalling tags embellished 3 ways, and
1 extra item

For the box stuffers, we were supposed to send:
new brads/eyelets
1 Jolee's embellishment (any)
2 yards ribbon
2 chocolate/mints/gum

Here's what I got from DGirlLV.....I had to really stop myself from devouring the chocolates before taking the pic. lol!





I'm glad I joined the swap since the items that I got are not available over here. And yes, I do frequent the big three (Jo-Ann's, Michael's and Hobby Lobby) almost every week.

The snowflakes are from When It's Cold Outside, cut at 3" and 2 1/2". The background paper is from Martha Stewart Crafts. I layered the cuts on vellum paper. The scalloped circle is from Spellbinders. I used crystal brads and liquid pearls as embellishment.




The third cut is from A Child's Year, cut at 4 1/4". I could not resist drawing the details. I like giving the kids in A Child's Year a little personality and I'm sure most of us are a little curious on how they would really look like if they were real. I used colored pencils and metallic inks to color the images, and Stickles and flower soft for embellishment. I placed a crystal on the snowman's hat instead of a flower.




For the title cuts, I used my Winter Woodland cartridge. Frosty Kisses was cut at 2 1/2". I painted on the snowlady's hat with metallic ink, embellished it with flower soft and Stickles for the "dots".



Winter Fun was cut at 3". I drew the penguin's beak and colored him with chalk.




I sent three tags, two of which had 1" snowflake cuts from When It's Cold Outside, and the third tag had a penguin cut at 1" from Winter Wonderland. The stickers are from The Paper Studio. I embossed the background using the Snowflakes embossing folder. Ribbon is from Offray. The tags were from A Child's Year, cut at 4".



I had to take the ribbons off the spools when I mailed them since they would not fit in the box. I sent two packs of brads since I wasn't sure which one she would like better.


I had to make a substitution for the Jolee's sticker, since we have a sad lack of winter-themed stickers where I'm at. So I opted to send grilling-themed stickers to remind my swap sister that summer is not too far behind. I also sent her a card that she can use for her journalling on her pages. The tag is from Plantin' Schoolbook.


No comments:

Post a Comment