Friday, December 7, 2012

A Nontraditional 12 Days Of Christmas Crafts

I have been involved at a nontraditional Christmas Secre Sister swap over at the Cricut message board.  The theme was inspired by the song "12 Days Of Christmas", but the items were non-Christmas themed unless specified by the Secret Sister.  Day 1 is "a partridge in a pear tree", so the twist is to make or buy a fruit-themed item.

I decided to make a 4"x4" coaster mini album.  I used paper that featured cherries and pears from Jenni Bowlin (Farmer's Wife) and Graphic 45 (Domestic Goddess).  I added coordinating paper from Melody Ross for GCD Studios (I got this from Hobby Lobby).  The lace at the ring binding is from Charlotte, our wonderful DT sister.  The frames in this album were made using Spellbinder's dies.  I accented the scallops with Viva Decor pearl pen.  The roses and the vines were made using Cheery Lynn dies.

The charm was made using a clasp from 7 Gypsies, a bead from Michael's and a Tim Holtz tassel.  I have been  a bit of a washi tape addict lately. lol!  You will see a lot of red checkered washi tape and Baker's twine in my Christmas projects. :-D  The large chipboard button is from Jenni Bowlin.

                                    
                                                The "confidential" tag is from 7 Gypsies.



No comments:

Post a Comment