Saturday, December 8, 2012

Day Four Of A Nontraditional Christmas Swap

"Four calling birds" translated to embellishments using feathers.  I made some feather butterflies for this day.  For the base, I used Martha Stewarts' large butterfly punch.  I proceeded to choose feathers that were proportionate in size for the wings.  The butterfly bodies were made of crystals and pearls from The Paper Studio.  I could not find a perfectly matched crystal for the brown butterflies, so I colored clear ones with an E55 Copic Marker.  I made a box to present the butterflies with.  The cuts were made using Spellbinders Pendants' Fleur-de-lis dies.  I used a lot of Fleur-de-lis in this swap since my Secret Sister mentioned she loves that emblem and uses that theme in her house decor.  The designer paper is from Basic Grey's Capella paper pack. 


No comments:

Post a Comment