Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cricut Cards

I always look forward to Wednesdays since that means there will be new sketches for cards at Cricut.com. I am hopelessly hooked, and heaven help me, since I don't want rehab!

Here's sketch 1:


I used cardstock from Core'dinations. I cut the circles first then embossed and sanded the images. The printed paper is a free image from Scrapbookscrapbook.com. Instead of the argyle, I scored lines at the back of the jeweled cardstock. My sentiment is the "Boo" at the lower left hand corner.


For the second sketch, I fused three brackets cut at 4" from Plantin' Schoolbook. I glued flower soft on the swirled tree from Christmas Solutions and placed "shadows" under it using gold ink. The background paper was spritzed with Glimmer Mist. I have mixed feelings about Glimmer Mist. I like the effect that it has, but it's a tedious process to get to it. I had to wait for it to dry, then iron it flat since it makes the paper warp. And it does not spray a fine mist. You get globs of liquid instead. The green paper is from MAMBI.



I flipped the brackets over and placed the tree under it. I skipped the sentiment, since I will be putting it inside the card.


For the third sketch, I made a scrapbook page. Logan loves to sleep. I had a quote from Shakespeare for my journaling. The paw prints at the lower left and upper right corners were stamped, covered with moonlight ink and layered with Liquid Pearls. My husband helped me punch the paw prints around the scalloped circle. It was so difficult to do it with thick cardstock. I got it from the dollar bin, and I guess I got what I paid for. :-) The cardstock is from Bazzill Paper. The fonts are from Plantin' Schoolbook cut at 1 1/2" and the alternating letters were colored with moonlight ink.


1 comment: