Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Cricut Cards

I made all three of these cards today, and it was so much fun making them. Granted it took forever because the glue and ink had to dry. For the first sketch, I colored the stamp using Jo-ann's markers which I layered and swished around, so I would have a gradation of color. The key to the colors not muddying up is to use complementary and NOT contrasting colors. Otherwise, you'll have brown all over, e.g. orange+blue= brown, etc. I stamped the border, then traced it with a glue pen and applied flower soft for texture. The maple leaf is from A Child's Year cartridge.





For the second card, I used the bell from Christmas Solutions cartridge. I colored the bell with gold ink. I applied clear embossing ink as soon as the first layer of ink dried, then sprinkled it with embossing powder. The "ribbon" was cardstock that I had embossed, then accented with Stickles.




I used the cartridge "A Child's Year" for the third card. I colored the cut with stickles. I reverse embossed the circle, and embossed the upper half of the card. I stamped hearts on the paper for the sentiment, which was a computer printout.





No comments:

Post a Comment