Sunday, May 23, 2010

This Week's Cards

This has been a very productive week for me, craft-wise. I was able to finish two baby wordbooks, make the project for the Design Team's blog, and of course, make all four cards for RAQ's Challenge. Sue is this week's host, and here are the sketches with my own interpretations. The added challenge for the cards are to use the colors red, white and blue, have a patriotic theme and to use scraps.



I kept my patriotic cards fairly simple. The tag is from Spellbinders. I used the Stars Cuttlebug embossing folder. The rounded flag image is from Independence Day mini cartridge, cut at 2 1/2". The flowers are from Prima and the red crystals are from The Paper Studio.





I used the scraps that I had from my Mother's Day Design Team project for this card. The paper is from Basic Grey. The stamp used is from Tim Holtz, stamped using Spun Sugar Distressed Ink and Moss Green ColorBox Ink. I used skittles to make the image pop some more. I wanted a very subtle effect for the image, hence the very low color contrast. The ribbon is from Offray and Prima flowers were used. The faux stitching on the tag is a rub-on from DCWV.





The cut is also from the Independence Day cartridge and measures 2 1/2". Ribbon is from Offray and the labels for the sentiment are from Spellbinders.





I used the colors from the Ad Challenge for this card.



I had to "make" my own paper for this card. I used alcohol inks in the following colors: Wild Plum, Butterscotch and Terracotta. The stamps that I used are from Hero Arts and JDL Stamps. Flower is from Prima. The background paper is from K&Co. The flourish is a die cut from Tim Holtz's Sizzix line. I embellished the upper and lower left hand corners with transparent stickers and Liquid Pearls.

1 comment: