Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fall Candle for My Sheri Crafts



I used the Fall Season stamp set from Inkadinkado for this project. The ribbon is from Autumn Inspirations. The tag was made using a sticker from Basic Grey's Ambrosia paper pack. I layered it on top of a cardstock that I had cut using a Spellbinders die, and I inked the edges. Ink used was Rich Rustics from ColorBox.

Directions for stamping on candles:
Stamping on candles is relatively easy. You just stamp an image on a piece of tissue paper, then cut really close along the edges of the design. Lightly glue it on the candle, and cover it with wax paper. Using a heat gun, go over the whole image for 8-10 seconds until the wax paper that covers the stamped area starts to look shiny. Don't heat it too long since this will cause the candle to melt, and along with it, your stamped image. Carefully remove the wax paper, and voila! You have a stamped candle.

3 comments:

  1. This came out gorgeous! I love the effect - will need to scraplift it for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty. I have been wanting to try stamping on a candle, but wasn't sure how. Thanks for sharing the instructions.

    ReplyDelete