Sunday, September 12, 2010

Secret Sister Handmade/Altered Items Part 1

I joined one of the swaps at the Cricut MB and we were given a letter every week for six weeks. We were to make/alter/shop for items that begin with that particular letter. The catch was: we only had a $5.00 limit with a $6.00 maximum, to give an allowance for taxes.

For the first week, we were given the letter "B". I altered this birdhouse for my Secret Sister. I used the color purple and a Baroque Minimalist theme. :-)


I gave her the picture frame that I altered for a project for My Sheri Crafts for the letter "P". She has two sons and being surrounded by men, I figured out that she might like something feminine for her craft room. The paper has teal in it too, one of her favorite colors.

The letter for the third week was "A". Cammi and I were brainstorming, and the word "Asian" popped up, hence the takeout box. The outside was painted with purple acrylic paint. I glued some vintage Asian images to a couple of memory glass using Glossy Accents and adhered them to the sides of the takeout box. I cut a tag that says "friend" from the Pagoda cartridge at 1/2" and added a fan as additional embellishments. I finished it off with some pearls. I filled up the box with some purple mini roses wrapped in tulle.

1 comment:

  1. I love altered birdhouses and yours totally rocks girl! Love the pearls and especially that ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete