Monday, September 13, 2010

Secret Sister Handmade/Altered Items Part 2

I made a box for my Secret Sister and filled it with stamped images from Magnolia. I originally wanted to make some magnolia flowers for the box but I was concerned that it will get squished during shipping, so I had to use Prima flowers instead. In teal, of course. :-) The paper is from The Green Stack from DCWV.

I stamped a candle with a couple of Christmas images from Magnolia. I colored them with Prismacolor pencils because I was concerned that the Copic markers will bleed through the tissue paper.


For week 6, we had to alter something that starts with an "S". The ceramic snowman ornament is from Hobby Lobby. It was unpainted, so I colored the face with Copic markers--R01 for the cheeks, Y38 for the nose and B100 for the eyes and mouth. The scarf and the hat were painted using acrylic paint, and I used Stickles for the hat, scarf, eyes and mouth. I layered some metallic paint on the scarf to make it really sparkle.

1 comment:

  1. ok, love the box, and the candles, but omg the little snowman! He is too stinkin CUTE! I love snowmen and I add a new snowman ornament on my tree each year...hmmm....this one would be perfect so I guess you have to make another and send it to me me me!! LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete