Friday, December 3, 2010

Blue Ornament for My Sheri Crafts


I made this ornament as a Design Team project for My Sheri Crafts. This week's theme is "Hannukah". The projects are either Hanukkah-themed or makes use of the traditional blue and white Judaism colors.
To make this rosette ornament, I cut 4 pieces of 2"x12" strips, then I punched along the edges using a snowflake border punch from EK Success. I scored the paper using 1/2" increments vertically, fan-folded it then glued two pieces of fan-folded paper together to form a rosette.


I glued the rosette to a 3" empty ribbon spool. I repeated the same at the back of the ribbon spool. Then I tied a piece of 5/8" silver ribbon around the spool. It is important to tie the ribbon used to hang the ornament prior to gluing the stamped image because it will serve as a guide on the placement of the circle. The stamped image is from Just Rite Stampers that I embossed using a sky blue embossing powder from Hampton Arts. The frames are from Spellbinders, and I dotted the scallops using enamel accents. To finish off the look, I lined the edges of the rosette with tinsel.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea peachy! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these rosettes and recently tried them on a banner, they are so fun!! What a great idea with the ribbon spool - PRETTY!!

    ReplyDelete