Sunday, November 28, 2010

Have A Holly Jolly Christmas!

I was one of those crazy people who made up the horde that went to Wal-Mart on Black Friday. :-D I ended up with only one purchase-- the Jolly Holidays Cricut Lite cartridge. I used the sketches at Raq's Challenge to make all three cards.

I cut the girl at 2". The tricky part was her legs. I ended up cutting another layer at 3", just so the legs will not get torn. I used paper from Core'dinations, and the background designer paper and the plaid ribbon are from Hobby Lobby. The dark green ribbon is from Offray and the crystals are from The Paper Studio. I used Stickles, chalk and wiggly eyes to complete her look. The frames are from Spellbinders and I used Liquid Pearls on the scalloped circle.


The snowman was cut at 2". I used chalk to make his cheeks rosy and added wiggly eyes. The background paper is from last year's DCWV's Christmas Stack. I dotted the design on the paper with enamel accents. I added Flower Soft on his hat. Ribbon is from Offray and the frame is from Spellbinders.


I used Martha Stewart's Cornice border punch for the scallops and layered two of them, instead of placing a ribbon. I don't want to make this too frilly since this is for my uncle. Santa was cut at 2", with the exception of the layer for his face, which I cut at 2 1/2". I used Flower Soft to imitate the look of fur, and Enamel Accents for his eyes. The background frames are from Spellbinders and the sentiment was computer-generated. The background paper is "Country Santa", from Hobby Lobby.

2 comments:

  1. These are all cute. I got this cart too, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peachy,
    How adorable are those cards. I only found one cart at Wallie as well - 4-legged friends. Please check my blog - I'm sharing a blog award with you.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn
    http://handmadefromtheheart-designsbylarelyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete