Monday, November 9, 2009

Tinkerbell Diaper Cake

I used approximately 45 size 1 Pampers diapers, and a 15 oz Johnson's baby lotion bottle as the mold. Using a wave pattern, I wrapped the diapers around the lotion bottle, and tied them using a pink yarn. I ironed and folded two flannel baby blankets and covered the lower and middle layers. I accessorized with 4 yards of 1 1/2" satin ribbon, flowers from Paper Studio and of course, the fairy wings and wand. I placed crystals in the center of the flowers.





Tinkerbell was cut at 6". The wings were cut separately using vellum paper for the base, and pink cardstock cut at filigree. I colored Tinkerbell with chalk, and drew on her features using a .25mm technical pen, galaxy marker for the white portion in her eye, and a blue Zig marker. Her lips were drawn using a pink Zig marker. The paper for her dress and shoes, as well as the background for the baby's name is from DCWV. I traced the details on the wings with Crystal and Strawberry Ice Stickles. Flower soft was added for more dimension.



The baby's name was cut at 2 1/2", font used was Alphalicious.

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! The whole thing, all the details are just beautiful. Tinkerbell looks amazing. This is very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete