Friday, November 13, 2009

Christmas Lantern Card


I decided to make a Christmas Lantern Card for RAQ's Challenge, as well as the Scraps Challenge at Cricut.com. The theme was "stars" for the Scraps Challenge," and the third sketch at RAQ's is a shape card. I made two of each cuts, so I can attach them back to back. The star from Plantin' Schoolbook was cut at 6", and the wreath is actually a tag from A Child's Year, cut at 7". I then cut a 5" hole in the wreath using Martha Stewart's Circle Cutter. The foliage was made using Martha Stewart's branch punch. The Nativity scene in the center of the star is from When It's Cold Outside, cut at 2 1/2", layered on top of a piece of vellum paper. The small stars were cut using Nestabilites.

I sprayed Glacier Glimmer Mist on a plain white cardstock that was used for the wreath. The paper for the star is Stardust Stars Royal Blue from Making Memories. For the Nativity scene and the smaller stars, I used Stardust Solid Royal Blue, also from Making Memories. The stamp used for the sentiment is from Great Impressions. Ribbon is from Offray.

No comments:

Post a Comment