Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Cards at RAQ's For This Week




I love the sketches for this week's challenge at RAQ's! I was looking for excuses to make a page for Logan. This picture was taken using my husband's IPhone, and he edited the background so that everything else will be black and white.



The paper is from DCWV. The paw embellishments were cut using Nestabilities, and punched out. The label for the sentiment is also from Spellbinders. The ribbon is Offray. I used Doodlecharms for the border and Plantin' Schoolbook for Logan's name. I used the "roly poly" function. The cat stamp is from Magenta stamps. I love the hieroglyphics right beside the stamp. Cats were worshipped during the peak of the Egyptian civilization. They had a goddess, Bastet who had a cat's head.

I also experimented on a new technique when I was trying to add texture to the letters. I covered the letters first with Crystal Effects, then I dried it using a heat gun. I ended up with raised areas and bubbles everywhere. I layered some moonlight ink on top of the "bubbles".



For the second sketch, I used my Tinkerbell and Friends cart. Tinkerbell is cut at 6". I cut the wings at filigree, and colored it with Icicle Stickles. The vellum base of the wings was colored with Crystal Stickles. I glued flower soft to the edge of her dress and her shoes. The pompom has white flower soft glued to it. I used Nestabilities for the sentiment background, and I embossed it using the Snowflakes Cuttlebug folder. The sentiment is from Wild Card. I used the scrap feather boa from my first diaper cake for the bottom of the card. I drew on Tinkerbell's face using Zig markers and a .25 technical pen.



I used the doily card from Wild Card for my third sketch. The snowflake is from When It's Cold Outside. The card was cut at 6" and the skates snowflake was cut at 4". I used Nestabilities to cut the vellum paper and tied a baby blue ribbon from Offray at the side of the card. Liquid Pearls were used to embellish the scallops.


2 comments:

  1. Love Tink, Peachy! Great job! Thanks so much for playing at Cricut Cardz Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work on your layout and cards Peachy!!! Love all the special touches you added to each!!! Thanks for joining us at CCC this week!!

    Terry

    ReplyDelete