Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Cricut Cards

Sketch 1 for this week was a bit of a challenge for me. There were a lot of elements in the sketch, and I was concerned that my card would end up looking too busy. So I decided to go with just one theme: roses.


The background was embossed using Leafy Branch embossing folder. The border is "Rose Border" from Hero Arts, the rose with the flourish and the sentiment are from Holly Pond Hill, the single rose is "Solitaire" from Penny Black stamps. Most of the stamps that I use are discontinued stamps bought at very budget-friendly prices. :-) Speaking of budget-friendly, they had 30% off sale for Cuttlebug folders at Hobby Lobby. This is one of the folders that I got this morning. Instead of tying a bow at the bottom of the card, I placed a 3/8 " gingham ribbon from Offray and topped it with pink crystals. I pop-dotted the single rose and the sentiment. I chalked the background to add more dimension.



The "extra credit" part of the challenge was to use nontraditional Christmas colors . I used the neutrals: cream, black and silver.



The background paper and the cream-colored damask patterned cardstock are both from "Paris Nights" by GCD Studios. The sentiment is from Wild Card. I scored 1/4" inside the perimeter of the background for the sentiment so it would have a finished look. The tree is a button by "Dress It Up." I had to cut the loop at the back so I could attach it to the card better.



I was tempted to use my Nestabilites for the scalloped edge for sketch 3, but decided to use a scalloped punch and a pink ribbon from Offray instead. I used Nestabilites Labels Four instead of the brackets and flipped the format around.



The inside part of the label was colored with chalk. I put a crystal heart in the center of the flower. The flower is from The Paper Studio. Background paper is from DCWV Sweet Stack.

No comments:

Post a Comment