Thursday, November 19, 2009

This Week At RAQ's

We had four sketches for this week at RAQ's. I was excited when I saw the first sketch, since I had some polka-dotted paper, as well as a heart flourish stamp which would be perfect for the first sketch.



Paper used was from DCWV. Ribbon is from Offray. Stamp used was Filigree Heart by The Artful Stamper. The word "love" is from the cart Jasmine, cut at 1 1/2". I also used the "Sweetheart" embossing powder from Creations Unlimited.



Inside the card is a poem that I wrote, inspired by the color scheme.



The second sketch reminded me of an awning and a window under it.



So that's what I made, but with a Christmas theme. For the awning, I used Plantin' Schoolbook, cut at 1 1/2", the window is from Christmas Solutions. For the wreath, I used Nestabilities, MS branch punch and flower soft. The bird is from A Child's Year. The sentiment label is from Nestabilities. Ribbon is from the dollar bin at Michael's. The tree was cut freehand.



I made a Thanksgiving card for the third sketch. Cartridges used were: A Child's Year and Wild Card for the sentiment. I drew the children's features and additional details using a 0.25mm technical pen, pencils and chalk. Paper used is from MAMBI and Core'dinations. I also used the pumpkin embossing folder from Cuttlebug. Frame for the sentiment is from Nestabilities.





For the third sketch, I made a special cut for the card base.




Instructions: Cut a 12x12 paper at 4"x12", and score at 4" three times. Second step is to score the first and third boxes diagonally, at a 45 degree angle. Trim off the upper triangle of the first square, and the lower triangle for the third square, leaving the middle square as is.



Cut two 4"x4" papers and trim them for the two triangle halves. Cut two pieces of 3/8" ribbon at 9" and insert them under the triangle halves. For the center design, I cut the candy snowflake from When It's Cold Outside at 3". I used Nestabilities labels for the base.

Attach your center design (in this card, the label with the snowflake) to the triangle on the right, making sure the ribbon is under the center design. Tie a bow to close the card. Trim off excess ribbon.


No comments:

Post a Comment