Sunday, November 7, 2010

Raq's Challenge and Ad Color Challenge Christmas Cards

I was able to make all three cards for Raq's Challenge this week! Yay me! :-D The mermaid card followed the third sketch and I made the other two cards using the colors from the Ad Challenge hosted by Carolyn at the Cricut MB.

I flipped the sketch sideways for this card. The image is "Winter House". The frames are from Spellbinders. The papers are from DCWV. Flowers are from Prima. The metal studs and red crystals are from Hobby Lobby. I used my Martha Stewart Branch Punch for the leaves.


A lot of crafters have an aversion to flat stickers, but I had found a set from The Paper Studio that was so pretty I had to get them somehow. At 50% off, you can't beat the price on that one. The snowman reminded me of an embossed image, only more sparkly. I pop-dotted him and placed flower soft on his twig arms and on the fringe of his scarf, to emulate snow. The paper is from DCWV. The embossed background is "Snowflakes" from Cuttlebug, cut using a Spellbinders die. The snowflakes on the corners are from Spellbinders and the crystals are from The Paper Studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment